L 8124C Aquastat doesn’t seem to be cutting circ’s

Users who are viewing this thread

av8042

Reaction score
Hi , I Recently replumbed the entire boiler with new piping, circs , valves, tempering valve and complete feed, xtank, etc. I did remove all the circ relays and replace with a Taco SR-504-4 controller, wired as per instructions ZR-ZR on stat and ZC-ZC (pretty simple). Everything was running great, plenty of hot water,etc. I wanted to do electronics ie: aquastat, burner control, cad, etc, but before I got around to it the burner primary control went bad. After replacing it I noticed upon firing the boiler that the circs were running. One of the tests I did below low setting was I jumped out TT on the stat and checked C1 for power and it was hot. There should be no power to C1 while boiler is below low setting, correct?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Is this your aquastat? What is C1 connected to?

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 4.08.37 PM.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If you aquastats are the same as above, yes C1 should not have power at low temperature. Relay R is inoperable and the ZR power goes through the NC contacts B to R. One the temperature is at the minimum, Relay R operates opening contact B and closing contact W and bring power to the ZC. If you notice relay 1K2 is normally open but I could not find any info on this relay. I'm assuming it operates when power is brought to the boiler.

See page 2
http://www.fcxalaska.com/PDFs/TACO_Wiring.pdf
What are the ZC and ZR terminals on the SR506 and how are they used?
ZC/ZR terminals on the SR board go to ZC/ZR terminals on the triple aquastat with ZC/ZR terminals, using minimum 14 gauge wires. These terminals will prioritize domestic water coil. When there is a demand for heat from the thermostat, ZR becomes hot, sending 120 volts to the triple aquastat. When the boiler temperature rises above the minimum temperature setting (typically 140°), ZC becomes hot, sending 120 volts to the SR board and powering the relay for the circulators. To recap, the circulators cannot run until the boiler is keeping up with demand.

Alex Vetere

Reaction score
thank you, I did see the note on instructions but, before I spend $220 wanted to make sure I tested it properly, Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks