Knocking and Vibrating Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Chilady1960

Reaction score
Long story, short version - Knocking pipes when I wash clothes, flush toilets and occasionally when I turn off water in sinks in bathrooms. Plumber came out and put in air hammer arrestors in hall bathroom and under kitchen sink. Seemed to be a bit better for a day or two and then it returned. Called them again. My water heater is in my attic. They went in attic, could hear air bubbling in my water heater. If I am explaining this correctly and excuse me if I'm not, they took the "u-joints" off the pipes that went into the water heater and replaced them with "t-joints" to send the air up and not into the water heater. Helped a bit but as usual, the knocking returned. You can also occasionally hear a knock in the walls for no reason. They came out again, this time they replaced the regulator at the meter. Came in the house, flushed the toilets, washed clothes, everything was great, no noise, FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS. Then the knocking was back but now I also have Vibration in the pipes. Lasts about 10 to 15 seconds when it happens. All the knocking when I wash clothes and flush toilets and the vibration. The vibration is always behind the wall that leads straight up to the water heater. The knocking is also there too. They tell me that there is nothing else they can do, they have tried everything. I am at a loss. I guess the knocking was not so bad but now the vibration, the pipes want to jump through the walls. I know this is not normal. Does anyone have any ideas? I have already spent a fortune with the plumber. At this point, I just want it fixed but I want someone who knows what to fix. Thank you for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks