Kitec class action lawsuit- 30,00 defective homes in las vegas

Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I lost more than half of them

Welcome to Mr. Sylvan Tieger's articles on plumbing and heating, plumbing codes, gas, sewer, environmental issues, and other interesting topics. Please read about his training and experience below.

7/13/65- 7/18/68 United State Navy Boiler Tender/Rigger (17 -21 years old)

1969 - Joined plumbers local Union # 2 for year apprenticeship (1969-1974) 10,000 hours OJT ( on the job training) plus 744 hours of classroom studies

Received 5 certificates of completion (1 for each of the 5 years) code, theory, welding, blueprint drawing/reading gas piping systems, water supply. drainage (all types)

At the Federal building in Manhattan, I was in charge of the operation of the plant I continue to take courses relating to my profession as this is a never-ending education.

Passed Federal testing for Stationary Engineer to work on Air conditioning plants with central absorption systems and high-pressure steam 125# and Electrical services up to 440 V
1981 - Passed an American Society of Mechanical Engineers course of low-pressure Boiler and unfired pressure Vessel inspector as given by Oklahoma University (Federal Boiler inspector and unfired pressure vessel inspector) for the US government

1982 - received my Master plumbers License. Continued taking technical courses roofing inspection and several courses on welding from Nassau Research.

1983 - started my own business doing plumbing, hydronic and steam heating, gas fitting, drain cleaning, and low-pressure boiler inspections.

Bought out another plumbing/heating company and started another company doing high-rise fire suppression systems and pump installations and large boilers continuing my repair business and alterations. Doing commercial, residential, institutional and industrial work.

Going to other areas and taking several more master plumbers licenses and doing roof drain installations (specialization). Continued taking courses and receiving more diplomas in heating and Fire suppression training. As a New York Master Plumber.
I am Licensed and Certified to do all aspects of Gas fitting - drainage and plumbing.

1986 - Received my master fire suppression piping contractors license.

During my free time, I was an Auxiliary police officer for the city of NY going on patrol and taking several police emergency courses and passed my Sergeant test.

For the US Postal Service, I gave welding safety classes and instructed the safety department on how to find cross-connections of the potable water systems and did numerous asbestos abatement inspections.

I worked as a Safety inspector for the Plant Manager of Manhattan and as a certified unfired pressure vessel and low-pressure boiler inspector for the North Regional office.

I worked on writing plumbing codes and fire safety.

For the General Services administration, I was certified for plumbing and roofing.

Links to Articles By Sylvan Tieger:
All plumbers are not created equal
1.6 gallon flush toilets = poor sanitary conditions
Correct output from your natural gas appliance.
Roof drain Sizing
Roof drain design
Hot water too hot
Don't poison yourself with bleach
PVC Pipe In NYC buildings, money talks, safety walks

sylvan-boiler-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks