Kinetico Softener and Aeration System

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill N

Reaction score
The attached picture is a crude drawing of my system. I have a Kinetico Mach series softener and an Aqua Systems Aerator tank to add oxygen to the water. The left tank is the water holding tank from the well. The middle tank is the Aerator. The right tank is the Softener. The red marks are the 4 handle valves. I think I have accidentally opened the bypass valve, but I can't tell if it is the farthest red valve on the left or the yellow valve in the middle. The yellow valve is attached to a pipe that begins before the aeration or softener tanks and runs parallel to the main water line and is a smaller diameter than the other lines. Three valves are red, and one is yellow. Can you tell if the bypass valve is the one farthest to the left or the yellow valve?

Attachments

• Kinetico Softener System.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 266

Reach4

Reaction score
he left tank is the water holding tank from the well.
I suspect you are referring to the well pressure tank. If so, I expect that has a logo of some sort. Does it?
Can you tell if the bypass valve is the one farthest to the left or the yellow valve?
Your diagram does not seem right. I suggest a photo that includes the valves and the tanks.

In the diagram, I expect B is the line from the well. Yes? If so, the yellow valve would not be the bypass, because you will not have a valve between the well and the pressure tank.

In C, D, E, F, which are connections? I doubt that D and F are both connections, but at least one probably is.

Attachments

• img_2.png
    img_2.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

Bill N

Reaction score
I suspect you are referring to the well pressure tank. If so, I expect that has a logo of some sort. Does it?

Your diagram does not seem right. I suggest a photo that includes the valves and the tanks.
I'll have to take a photo and send it later. I'm not home at the moment.

Bill N

Reaction score

In the diagram, I expect B is the line from the well. Yes? If so, the yellow valve would not be the bypass, because you will not have a valve between the well and the pressure tank.

In C, D, E, F, which are connections? I doubt that D and F are both connections, but at least one probably is.

Now I see that I did not draw it correctly. There are no connections at J,H,F and D. It is one pipe that comes from K and runs straight up to B and is really behind the other pipes. It has a yellow handle valve where I drew it, but it does not connect to any other pipes.

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 278

Bill N

Reaction score
Photo attached. It's hard to see but there is another valve to the left of the yellow valve on a separate pipe. Just need to know which one is the bypass.

Reach4

Reaction score
If that is a valve with a red handle to the left of the valve with the yellow handle, then I am pretty sure that is your bypass. It looks like the handle may be largely hidden by the red PEX. If so, then your bypass is in the wrong position. The bypass should be off. But maybe the photo is not clear enough for me to be confident.

So what is the yellow valve? I am not sure. Not a bypass. I am suspecting that your photo does not show the line from the pump. How about a photo showing the connections to the pressure tank area including the pressure switch and pressure gauge.

Bill N

Reaction score
Now the bypass valve is perpendicular to the pipe. Does that mean the valve is off?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks