Kinetico price

Users who are viewing this thread

neel vaidya

Reaction score
Hi,

my water tested at about 13.5 hardness and 1.55 chloramine
I have a 5B, 4.5 bath - 3 adults and 2 kids
trying to decide between the dual nonelectric (10yr warranty) vs single tank electric (5yr warranty)

Dual tank + whole house hollow carbon filter + sediment filter + RO system = 4499 + 1499 + 399 + 399 + 150 (supplies) = $6946

Single tank system would $1500 less

OR

should I go with a Clack WS by local plumber for $3200

10x54 Clack WS1 Water Softener Control Valve
1.5 Cubic Feet of 8% Crosslink Media
1" Sweat Bypass
KDF MediaGuard
11x11 Square Brine Tank

Kinetico comes with warranty and whole house filter (do I need it?) ...

are these reasonable prices?

thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Your city water normally calls for 10% crosslinked resin, not 8%. Maybe the KDF removes the chloromine before the resin, so the resin does not face the chloromine? I am not a pro.

11x11 Square Brine Tank
Seems small. Do you have a space constraint? Seems harder to dump bags into.

neel vaidya

Reaction score
no space constraints. .. i could not find the size specs on the kinetico tanks..

GoWater

Reaction score
Hi,

trying to decide between the dual nonelectric (10yr warranty) vs single tank electric (5yr warranty)

Dual tank + whole house hollow carbon filter + sediment filter + RO system = 4499 + 1499 + 399 + 399 + 150 (supplies) = $6946

OR

1" Sweat Bypass
KDF MediaGuard
11x11 Square Brine Tank

thanks
That is an excellent price for the Kinetico and it is top of the line. I would get it. It will run circles around anything else.

Sclevenger

Reaction score
That is an excellent price for the Kinetico and it is top of the line. I would get it. It will run circles around anything else.
$6150 Culligan. Get what you pay for Culligan has been around for over 80 years. 24hr service around the clock.
HE Softener, R.O., Whole house Carbon Unit, Whole house pre-filter, taxes, install included. Do the research online with Culligans new equipment

Sclevenger

Reaction score
$6150 Culligan. Get what you pay for Culligan has been around for over 80 years. 24hr service around the clock.
HE Softener, R.O., Whole house Carbon Unit, Whole house pre-filter, taxes, install included. Do the research online with Culligans new equipment
Just bought this exact same for my well. Completely safisfied

Alysaleve

Reaction score
Sorry don't know why it is not showing me and instead shows sclevenger.

As someone who has lived with a Kinetico softener, the same Kinetico softener since the 1970's until I moved out I definitely recommend a non-electric, on demand system that uses less water. When I left my parents home I purchased my own Kinetico system in the 90's which I still have to this day. My in-laws also had a Kinetico system. I don't need frequent service for my system, like you will with a Culligan because it never has issues. So that shouldn't be the reason to get a Culligan. The only thing I have done is replace media when it was 15 years old and once we had a head service to replace the seals and o-rings. That's it. It's very stable and just consistently works all the time. Don't go with a single tank system, imo. We have had friends with those and have to replace them often. Yes they paid less than us when they bought theirs but we haven't had to replace ours every few years and all our water is always soft since it regenerates on demand, instead of on a schedule.

GoSavorLA

Reaction score
Hi,

OR

1" Sweat Bypass
KDF MediaGuard
11x11 Square Brine Tank

thanks
What did you end up getting? I am also coming down to the decision between a Clack or Kinetico. Both quoted me similar price around $5k. The difference is that there's no electric outlet near my water main so a Clack system will require either for an electrician to put up a outlet or for the Clack technician to drill a hole into the house to draw power. Kinetico says they're electricity-free system so it won't be a problem...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks