Clack WS1 Water Softener and Filter System / Seal Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Florida_Jay

Reaction score
Clack WS1 Water Softener and Filter System / Seal Question

Good morning!

i have a Water Softener / Filter Combo at my house - around 10 years old.

Sometime with the last hurricanes in Florida, both the bottles fell over.
It looks like while the filter bottle dropped, it damaged the Seal Ring on top of the bottle where the Valve sits.
Before i unscrew the Valve from the bottle, i wanted to make sure to be prepared and did already some research online but couldn't find any good informations.

The Seal im looking for is a white plastic ring sitting right on top of the bottle (neck), does not appear to be flexible (not like a huge black o-ring).

Im not sure if that is a replaceable Seal Ring at all or if that is somehow material from the bottle itself / and there bottle needs to be replaced.

The best picture i could find online where this white seal ring is visible is the following
(right under where the valve is screwed into the tank):

Clack_FOC_or_FOB_top.JPG

Does anyone knows if i need to replace the whole filter bottle / or can i buy that ring separate?

thank you in advance,
All the best,
Jay

Skyjumper

Reaction score
you need to replace the whole tank (bottle). how did it fall over if it was plumbed in? maybe your insurance will cover this?

there's a great place in florida softenerparts.com the guy will help you with whatever you need.

Reach4

Reaction score
Im not sure if that is a replaceable Seal Ring at all or if that is somehow material from the bottle itself / and there bottle needs to be replaced.
It is part of the tank-- not independently replaceable. I think that is part of the polyethylene inner shell.

Florida_Jay

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the replies.

The tank fell over in 2017, during a hurricane. there were no issues at all but it was the only situation i know of, where the upper part could have taken damage / the valve is fine. Its not like leaking hard, but you can see bubbles and drops of water since a couple of days and that this white thingy is in not a good shape.

Labor plus parts would not exceed the hurricane Deductible...and the time is already up to put in a claim (3 yrs).

I only wanted to ask to see if it is the tank or a replaceable seal, before i start with the repairs - to have the parts ready.

It is still working and i still have time to order new Tank and Filtration medium - and im probably also going to make a service on the softener while im at it.

Thanks again guys!

All the best,
Jay

Reach4

Reaction score
The tank fell over in 2017, during a hurricane. there were no issues at all but it was the only situation i know of, where the upper part could have taken damage / the valve is fine. Its not like leaking hard, but you can see bubbles and drops of water since a couple of days and that this white thingy is in not a good shape.

The thread is nominal 2.5" x 8 tpi.

See part 6, order number V3180, on your service manual--- o-ring 337. That would be right above the white top of the tank.

I think that 337 could be a generic o-ring size. The regular 337 o-rings are 3 inches ID.

If you pull that or replace that, lubricate with NSF-61 approved silicone grease. I like Molykote/Dow Corning 111 for the non-sliding seals and o-ring.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks