Kinetico not advancing after cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

pascal

Reaction score
Hi there, first off, thank you. I've been browsing this site for a while and have found a lot of great answers!

so my problem...I recently took apart my (working) kinetico (K60???) that was installed in around 2001-2004 to inspect it and look for iron buildup as part of looking as to why the water pressure wasn't what we would like. The inside seemed fairly good, some iron deposits, but nothing alarming. I cleaned it with vinegar and re-assembled.

Prior to this the unit worked great. Now we are having hard water issues. I checked and the disc does not seem to be turning. I can manually run the recharge, but it does not seem to get there by itself. I took the unit apart again and the two wheel are turning freely and the gears are turning. when water is running I can hear a faint clicking like it is trying to do something. I did not take apart the cover on the top where the disc is.

Any suggestions? thanks for for the help!

pascal

Reaction score
removed the control disc, gears look good, springs are in place and tensioned. not sure what I did to make this stop working!

pascal

Reaction score
alright, think I found my issue - when I cleaned the service valve it looks like i had the disc set to service B, not A - thinking I was running everything backwards. reversed it and now the disc on the control valve is rotating properly!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks