Kenetico 30- No water going to brine tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Nanorock46

Reaction score
Moved in with existing Kenetico 30 softening system that was bypassed. I was trying to put it back in service to no avail. I watched the youtube video breakdown of the head and pulled the whole thing apart to check for buildups or blockage and everything seams to be fine. Before I pulled it apart there was no water going to the brine tank and after there is no water going to the brine tank.
I am able to blow through the venturi with no restrictions. I have tried cycling this without the hose on going to the brine tank to make sure the tank valve was not stopping anything.

Anyone have any ideas why I am not able to get water to and from the brine tank?

Thanks,
Kyle

Reach4

Reaction score
Can you undo the brine hose from the controller and blow air into the brine tank?

Nanorock46

Reaction score
Can you undo the brine hose from the controller and blow air into the brine tank?

Yes I can disconnect the hose and blow into the brine tank.
As stated originally, even with the hose off the controller outlet I do not get water out of it which would eliminate anything to do with the tank.

Reach4 Thanks for your reply

Reach4

Reaction score
As stated originally,
That is what you think you wrote?

During backwash and brine draw, what is the flow rate? To measure flow rate, you can flow into a bucket for an amount of time, and weigh the weight change. You can also use a 5 gallon bucket and compute what percent of the depth the water got.

How large is the softener tank? (height and diameter, such as 54 x 10 inches)

I have never even seen a Kinetico. The things I am suggesting you check are generic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks