Is this OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

nh3

Reaction score
CAD it's not but you should get the idea. This is what the first floor fixtures will look like. No second floor. not shown but in the basement will be a laundry tray and ejector pump for the utility sink. I have a question bout the bath vent. The dotted line behing the bath is the vent I ran for the bath. I would like to use this for my laundry and ejector pump and run the tub as shown. Is this ok?

thanks

Attachments

• bath layout.jpg
    bath layout.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 453

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
geniescience said:
SanTee for WC to stack, and a horizontal run from WC to stack. So far, the drawing shows a diagonal drop and a Wye without venting.

-david

I would add to the above with: Dump the closet (via san tee) into stack above the double combo for your horizontal branches. Being your horizontals are already vented, this will prevent potential siphonage of the closet.

nh3

Reaction score
The stack vents to roof if that makes any difference. Also could I use the vent for the shower (dotted line) for the laundry and leave 2" run for the bath and lav as is? Will be useing a separate vent for the ejector pump so that is ruled out.

thanks

Last edited:

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
Unless your ejector is air operated, it is fine to tie in with the other vents.

nh3

Reaction score
Man I'm burnt out and my head aint on straight. Between work(prepping for a 1 million ammonia retrofit that hasn't started but has to be completed by Dec 31) and remod I'm all over. Meant to draw the tee wye like Patrick said but was thinking wye. Then wondering why now everyone is saying this is wrong. Hello. Anyway just finished all the copper in the basement and first floor and it looks nice. Had spaggetti patched in over the years and was a mess. Solder didn't even penetrate the entire joints. That's why 50% of the ells and tees had drips. It's all in the back of my truck now.

Was reading this morning that one vent per bathroom was ok. If that is the case then is my drawing of my bath ok using the one vent at the lav for the bath and lav? I would like to use the vent in the wall for the laundry.

thanks

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
if you know distances, tell us and somebody will answer whether it can be arranged to fit one vent for the tub-shower and sink. Distances means length of pipe; same length as if you were measuring it to cut it and install it, no shortcuts or approximations. I'm assuming your layout is decided, so distances are now set.

david

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
4"X4" tee wye (sani tee) for toilet.
4"X2" double wye for kitchen sink, bath tub, and lav sink.
2" drain for up tub with a 2"X 1 1/5" wye for tub trap.
after the wye connect lav drain. Then behing lav sink run a new vent up. The bath tub trap can't be greater the 6' from lav sink if you do it this way. If it is greater than 6' it will gurgle.

Drop old 2" vent down and use for your basement fixtures.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
assuming slope is right. Not too steep.

pitch is everything in plumbing. Make sure you have a clean out at every change of direction. I would also put a dandy on the tub/lav drain befor the stack, you will thank me for that one day.

nh3

Reaction score
My distance between bath to lav will be 70" just shy of 6'. What's a dandy? Also my wc is going to sit a foot or so from the stack. What is the differnce between a closet ell and a 90? Going to use 4" from wc to stack

Thanks

Last edited:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score

nh3

Reaction score
OK thanks. Let me ask this. Should I continue with a double wye at the bottom of the stack for my washer and ejector? Would like to run the washer drain under the window and shoot up just to the left of the washer. The ejector I would like to run in the same maner. The ejector will sit in the corner by the sink. Or should I use a double san tee at the bottom. I tied up the 2" drain for pic purpose. I have a combo at each end and will put clean outs there and tie in the tub and lav. Does this look ok? The stack at this point is dry fitted and waiting for glue.

Thanks

Attachments

• dwv 006.jpg
    dwv 006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 292
  • dwv 008.jpg
    dwv 008.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 269
  • dwv 011.jpg
    dwv 011.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 256
  • dwv 012.jpg
    dwv 012.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 269

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Ejctor is the LAST fixture to drain out to the main, NEVER connect one to a double fitting.
Use a seperate fitting for it, install it after everything else in the soil main.
You'd have raw sewage flushing out the drain on the other side.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
The stack at this point is dry fitted and waiting for glue.
well thats good.

use wye's, street wye's if you need the extra room.
don't forget the vents.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks