Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

mtech

Reaction score
I am looking at a house I am interested in purchasing. Upon walking through, I discovered a strange orangish material in the sump pump. See attached picture. I've never seen anything like this. Internet searches lead me to believe that this may be iron ochre. Sellers say that it is clay. Seller is a professional plumber. House is located in upstate NY. Buy with this condition or run away? Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• mystery substance.jpg
    mystery substance.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 122

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
dont want to cast a vote because Never heard of it we dont even have basements. Sounds like theres guys making money off cleaning it up looked it up on you tube. Sure looks like it is the iron ocre to me . they say its a bacteria then how hard or expensive a test is that? However if its positive where do you go from there? Cross that bridge later. If that iron ocre occurs at all in area Id want tested.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks