Intermittent water from under/near tub into garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Mparker

Reaction score
Tough one to crack so far. Weeks can go by without any water leaking into garage. Then when showering on 2nd floor, water is coming down thru sealing into garage below tub. Even the next day, there may not be any water leak at all. Via access panel, as far as can be seen visually, no leaks at shower/tub fixtures, all tiles/caulking appear solid. One thing we noticed this last time.....the downstairs toilet was bubbling in tank exactly when water was leaking. Could there be a pressure problem that is intermittent that backs up to the 2nd floor and causing tub to leak? Not making sense at all to me yet.....any thoughts? Thank you..........

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Plug the bathtub drain and run the water for a while and check for water. Then drain the tub and check for leaks. It's to determine the problem is a drainage issue. Bubbling from the toilet tank is strange. It has nothing to do with drainage any backup would be a bowl overflow. Are you on city water or a well?

Reach4

Reaction score
Mparker: does this water appear after you shower or somebody else showers?

Some people use the shower curtain properly, and for those who don't significant water can get onto the floor.

Leakage would not necessarily be via the floor. But it could be.

And I agree that toilet tank bubbling is weird. I cannot think of a scenario that would explain that as part of a shower leaking problem. Bubbling in tank-- you lifted the lid and saw bubbling?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks