Insulation under electric water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

RustyKnuckles

Reaction score
I just bought a Rheem Ruud EGSP20 electric water heater for the home I'm building for myself. I'm retired with no expectations of having any more kids. I bought the 20 gallon electric, because it was one of the few I could fit into my crawl space. There is just no room in the house itself to install a water heater. This water heater has no feet. I poured a 24"X24" concrete pad 4 inches thick for the water heater to sit on. I would like to put something on top the pad for insulation to keep the concrete pad from sucking heat out of the water heater. What can I use for insulation that will support the weight of heater and 20 gallons of water?

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Styrofoam or another type of foam insulation if worried about support can cut some pvc pipe rings to set it on.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks