Insulating a jacuzzi tub

Users who are viewing this thread

chicagopete713

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I live in a 1997 built condo in Chicago. It is a 6 unit building. 3 units on each side. The outside of the building is split block, a common stone used in Chicago during 1997. I live in the middle unit. 2B 2Bath. Here's my scenario:

During the winter, the back master bedroom (which has a master bath) has ALWAYS gotten super, super cold. I mean REALLY cold. When the front room is 70, the back room (when the door is closed) is around 45 degrees. I installed new sliding doors, thinking that was the issue. It wasn't. It's still cold.

Question: I don't think there's any insulation in the walls..? Is this possible? Wouldn't that be illegal?

2nd Question: I hung a TV on an interior wall outside the bathroom and when I went to wire the TV through the wall (a wall that had the jacuzzi tub on the other side of it) I noticed there is NO INSULATION where the edge of the tub that touches the outside brick wall.

Can I put insulation in there? If so, what should I use. I kind of want to disable the jacuzzi tub because I'm thinking if I do install insulation, won't that cause a fire hazard with a motor running??

Thanks for any an all advice. I HAVE to get this fixed.

DC

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 235
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks