installing bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

francs171

Reaction score
My house was built with 2 full baths, but no bathtub or drain installed in the 2nd bath. I want to install a bathtub in this bathroom. The 2 bathrooms have a wall separating them. I would like some info on what is involved in installing a drain for this new bathtub. I have a concrete slab foundation. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Far too little information given to really get into specifics, and even with more information, it is impossible to advise about all of the details without being on site. But, here are at least some of things you will be facing. All drains must have a P trap and be vented. The concrete slab means breaking concrete to make the drain connections and install the trap and vent. It would be essential for you to have a plumbing contractor evaluate your project on site. Although is likely quite doable, it is not something I would recommend for your first venture into the plumbing world. Having a professional do it will not be inexpensive, but there is not much worse or expensive than a DIY job gone bad!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

Why don't you also ask us how much your groceries are going to cost the next time you go shopping, because we have almost as much information for that as we do about installing a tub. It could be relatively inexpensive, (relatively being the key word), or it could entail a major remodel project.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks