Delta R22000 multichoice. Installing a universal shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Stephen Kauffman

Reaction score
I am installing for a overhead and handheld shower. I wanted to put the handheld on the right side of the shower. The install instructions says to plug the right outlet of the three-way diverter. So I guess I'm going to have to rout my plumbing around the diverter to the right side. My questions is is there a way to set it up from the left (probably not). If not, what is the best way to rout the plumbing to accomadate an overhead and a handheld on a bar to the right? Go under the valve and around? Does it matter?

Mark Parcheta

Reaction score
Hey Stephen,

I am running into the same issue as you, compounded by the fact that my supply pipes are coming from above. As a result the supply pipes block piping coming out of the right and left upper ports.

Not sure if you are still looking for a solutions but here is what I did. I am a DIY guy, non licensed. I would be curious if my solution presents any issues in the eyes of the pros before I call for an inspection. I am not too worry about a small decrease in pressure to the handheld shower, since that is not the primary showering process

I took two, 1/2 inch copper 90 degree street elbows and made a U shape. I soldered that into the upper right port but first angling the U shape piece backwards to get around the port up to the shower head.

What a pain. Really wish I had known the difficulties of this prior to spending $ on this value. Would have gone with something other than Delta.

What did you wind up doing?

Mark Parcheta

Reaction score
Pics if you are interested or for Pro critique
20190809_081434.jpg
20190809_081442.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Are you sure your trim is going to fit on the diverter with the lock nut thread so far back into the wall? (how are you going to access it once the wall is in place?)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks