How to sleeve an ABS pipe through concrete foundation wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

mouserDIY

Reaction score
I have a 3-in main ABS sewer line leaving to my septic tank. This line passes through the concrete foundation wall and the crawl space. it is not sleeved where it passes through the wall. It appears that it has developed a leak there. I am going to fix this and need to know how this should be sleeved.

What is the preferred method for sleeving a sewer pipe that exits through a foundation wall such as this?

Thanks!

Scott Olsson

Reaction score
I believe you just need to add a sleeve two sizes larger than your pipe and caulk the gap. Normally I believe the sleeve would be cast-in.

(Warning: This isn't experience or knowledge speaking, but I think that's what my book is telling me...!)

Pax.

mouserDIY

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. So if the exiting pipe is 3-in ABS, I would enlarge the hole in the concrete foundation to accept a 5-inch ABS sleeve? And then I would caulk the outside and inside of the sleeve to seal it in? I very much appreciate your help!

Scott Olsson

Reaction score
Not speaking from knowledge or experience, but I might epoxy the sleeve in place and then caulk the gap around the pipe.

Reach4

Reaction score
Even if you put that sleeve in, that just moves the problem as to how you seal the outside of the sleeve to the foundation.

The sealing will need to be outside. A lot of hydraulic cement is probably a good way, but somebody may have a good sealer for you. A polyester sealant like 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 might be better.

BostonGuido

Reaction score
How did you solve this problem, Mouser, 18 months ago? Was it a success? I have a seepage leak where a 3" PCV penetrates a concrete cistern wall and am trying to find a solution to seal it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks