How to fix this cast iron flange problem - mounting bolts are missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
Can I find two mounting bolts those are missing or
is there any repair flange that goes on top it or
is there any other option...

Removing will be my last option ...material around is concrete.

Attachments

• 20200205_194947.jpg
    20200205_194947.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 166

Reach4

Reaction score
You may not need anything. The closet bolts may go into those slots to hold the toilet down.
90905-3.jpg

If you want a repair ring, PASCO 21013 and Superior 21015 are repair rings with mounting tabs outside. They can let you put the bolts where you like, if the slots are not right for you.

Last edited:

Curiousv

Reaction score
You may not need anything. The closet bolts may go into those slots to hold the toilet down.
90905-3.jpg

If you want a repair ring, PASCO 21013 and Superior 21015 are repair rings with mounting tabs outside. They can let you put the bolts where you like, if the slots are not right for you.
Thanks ..am kinda relieved ...if I understand correctly ..I can not use pasco or superior rings you suggested because current flange does not have holes and for superior ring ..it is a concrete floor so I have to drill holes in concrete to put Superior ring but I believe I can use closet bolts as u suggested. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reach4

Reaction score
You are correct that you can use the slots with closet bolts. You are mistaken that you could not drill holes in concrete for screws if it came to that. People do it all of the time.

I would go with Tapcons. They sell the right drill bits next to the screws. Pros would tend toward lead anchors, which take a bigger hole.

Curiousv

Reaction score
You are correct that you can use the slots with closet bolts. You are mistaken that you could not drill holes in concrete for screws if it came to that. People do it all of the time.

I would go with Tapcons. They sell the right drill bits next to the screws. Pros would tend toward lead anchors, which take a bigger hole.
Ok I understand ...I can use those notches/slots on both sides but ...are there any special closet bolts required or just any closet bolts will work and how exactly I put them in notch ..perpendicular to wall or 90 angle?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Regular closet bolts heads are designed to fit into those notches in the flange. No need to drill anything further unless the notches break.

If.. the notches did break, Ive found that installing long stainless steel 1/4" anchors with the same thread pattern as closet bolts does the trick.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
One last thing before you run to the store: Get only solid brass nuts and bolts. They are a few pennies more than brass coated, but won't rust on you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks