How to clean point screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Billkjr

Reaction score
I have a 2" pvc sand point down about 13'. Has pvc cap cemented on top. How or where do you put the "Nu-Well" tablets I've been hearing about in the point?

The only way to remove cap is to cut it off and cement a new one in place. Also, you mention the tablets must be flushed with water to effectively work, how is this done if cap to point is removed? Excuse my ignorance.

I am having well issues..bought all new system..Wayne 1/2hp/220, new 19 gal tank, gauge, check valve. Set at 20/40. Pressurizes to 40lbs and cuts off. When water is used pressure drops to 20lbs pump cuts on as it should but water pressure continues to drop to zero and no water. When faucet is closed pressure builds back up to 40lbs and water.

Started getting air in lines so I opened valve on pump side before tank and air was coming from well side. I went out back and dug up point down to the "T" and sprayed the area with a plastic coating and air disappeared but still having pressure issues. Thought it may be a plugged point???? Pump cycle almost 4 minutes from 20 - 40lbs pressure.

Point is roughly 4 years old. Driller said they hit clay at 13' and no sense in going deeper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Could be more once you get past the clay, and maybe not!

So the well terminates below ground with a tee and a standpipe bringing the whole thing above ground?

If I have that right, cut the pipe in front of the pump or at the well if you can and cap it. Cut the cap off the top and carefully and slowly drop pellets down the well. Get a garden hose and fill the well. Then as it starts to take water, open the faucet to keep the well near full. You may have to keep opening the faucet more and more as time goes on and the tablets start working. (((Hopefully)))! Once it starts taking water quickly, put in some more tablets and do the same thing and let the water run all night. Next morning, pump it off with a Pitcher Pump or trash pump until clear. Then re glue the pipes and try the Wayne.

I wouldn't use that Wayne to pump the well off.

Billkjr

Reaction score
Just a straight pvc pipe out back. T is approx 2' or more beneath surface tubing runs from T to my pump setup in crawl space under house. Point is only source of water to house so that eliminates using a garden hose while working on point??? Have a Culligan water softner & purification system in house..bypassed it to see if it was the cause to no avail.

Tubing runs a good 75+ feet from point to my foundation. Per code must be at least 75' from septic sys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you have a 13 foot well, I would doubt there is anything in the code anywhere that would allow that. Although I could be wrong. The words sand point usually means a DIY well. Drillers don't haul thousands of dollars worth of equipment to drill 13' wells.

So what size is the well (in inches diameter)? Is this pipe just PVC (I thought you said it had a cap glued on top) pipe or is it a pitless adaptor.

How about some pictures?

Billkjr

Reaction score
You're right! Code here is 18' but driller told me if I didn't say anything to anybody?? They hit clay at 13 feet and decided to stop there. Said I had a great point water wise. I still have the spec sheet he gave me ( invoice). If anyone inquired he told me to tell them I did it myself? This was a father/son driller.

Its just a straight 2" diameter pvc pipe with a top cap down 13' with the "T" about 2 - 3' under ground connecting the tubing to my foundation some 60 - 75' away.

I'll fire off some pics tomorrow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks