How much to install 120 Glass lined pressure tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed1154

Reaction score
My current 10 year old epoxy lined is seeping and leaking at the gauge and inlet where the rust has swelled the metal. I assume it needs to be replaced before it fails. I called two people, only one who has gotten back to me. They are local and I have dealt with them before but I want to see if the price is about right in Texas. For a glass lined, i was told its about 650, installed it would be 'close to 1000', including fixtures, guage, air volume regulator....

This SOUNDS reasonable to me, but I am not an expert and wanted you're guidance. He said I could buy it and install myself and he would tell me all I needed to know about the other components when I pick up the tank, but frankly, its his business and how he makes a living, so I don't mind paying him to do it if its reasonable. he said it would take 1.5 hours TOPS. Itll take me that long to get the tank into the wellhouse. Lol.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you live in an area where old style air over water tanks are needed to make the water smell better, then that is not a bad price for an install. If you don't have a water quality problem, it would be better and cheaper to switch to a bladder style tank.

Jed1154

Reaction score
If you live in an area where old style air over water tanks are needed to make the water smell better, then that is not a bad price for an install. If you don't have a water quality problem, it would be better and cheaper to switch to a bladder style tank.

Oddly, I have a bladder style tank on my secondary irrigation well. When the water sits in that tank for more than a few hours, it smells like sulfur. So, Im guessing its the AoW tank that alleviates that because I dont notice it on the one that serves the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks