How can I cap a rough-in toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by DAVE ERICKSON, Jun 15, 2005.


    DAVE ERICKSON New Member

    Feb 1, 2005
    I want to cap my roughed in toilet in my basement with something besides a rag. This would have been a good place to use a popout flange, but whoever plumbed it just used a standard one. It is a 3-1/2" diameter hole.

  2. grace under pressure

    grace under pressure New Member

    Jun 1, 2005
    Rummage in the kitchen?

    Would some type of tupperware lid fit over the flange? I find kitchen gadgets are sometimes suited as renovation tools.

    Good luck,

  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. RioHyde

    RioHyde Plumber

    Sep 24, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You can get a mechanical plug at a plumbing supply house. These look a bit like a rubber cone with a large washer and a wingnut on top. Slide the plug into the opening, tighten the wingnut and you've got it sealed.

    Attached Files:

  5. King3244

    King3244 New Member

    Dec 14, 2004
    Kelowna, BC
    Can't beat duct tape. Cheap and easy and now available in designer colors. :D
  6. jimmie

    jimmie New Member

    Mar 15, 2005
    my favorites always been dunkin donuts cups...the large sizefits perfect in a flange opening..
Similar Threads: rough-in toilet
Forum Title Date
Toilet Forum discussions Recommendations for 10" Rough-In Toilet Friday at 9:22 AM
Toilet Forum discussions Moving toilet rough-in Sep 11, 2017
Toilet Forum discussions Any round-bowl Toto toilets w/14" Unifit rough-in? Jun 9, 2016
Toilet Forum discussions 14-inch Rough-In. Standard hight like 14 to 14.5 inches what toilet? HELP! Mar 27, 2016
Toilet Forum discussions Toilet Rough-in a tad short? Help?! Sep 17, 2015

Share This Page