House Pump From Cistern

Users who are viewing this thread

winesalot

Reaction score
Background:

We have a 547' deep well with a 5gpm 1hp 230v 1ph Grundfos Submersible Pump that pumps water in to a 3800 gallon cistern. There is a 2" PVC pipe that feeds our winery which is 100' below the cistern and is fully fed with gravity (no pump).

Next Step:

We are getting ready to build our home on the property at basically the same elevation as the cistern. If I recall the bottom of the cistern is about 8' below ground level. I am no needing to purchase a pump to lay horizontally just off the bottom of the cistern to provide water to the home. I've done a couple of online volume calculators which tell me I will need roughly 16 gpm flow for the home and, obviously, there isn't a lot of elevation related head pressure to overcome.

Recommendations:

What would you recommend for the pump/pressure tank setup for the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks