Hot Water Recirculation

Users who are viewing this thread

Kabra

Reaction score
Hot Water.jpg
Hot Water.jpg

Kabra

Reaction score
Referring to the diagram I am looking for engineering and design help as well as product recommendations to install a reasonably simple hot water recirculation pump and dedicated loop. This is a 3400 sf one story home with the water heater and water lines in the unfinished basement. To give some idea of the dimensions the foot print is approximately 58'W x 80'. I recently installed foam pipe insulation on all the hot water lines and it took 430'. 130' of 3/4" and 300' of 1/2". So it's a good size system and with multiple branches and sub branches I'm not sure if or how it should be balanced and what components would be necessary to do that. I'm also not sure if I can get by with a single loop or if I need two. Also I'm not sure how to design the system for appropriate flow rate or what size tube for the dedicated loop. I would like to have remote temp sensors to kick it off when needed and a timer would probably be a good idea too. It's all PEX tube under the sub floor.

With all the lines so easily accessible it wouldn't be hard to run the loop to each or most of the faucets rather than just at the end of the branch. Not sure if that would complicate things or not. Most of the offshoots from the main branches are up to 20'.

The dashed line is a dedicated line to a big tub in the master bath that has a blender / thermostat type of valve that's right where the line branches off near the water heater. It's not important that line is part of the recirculation loop plus I think it would make that temperature valve moot since it's at the beginning of the line.

As for products I am stymied by so many available from the most simple to those with variable flow etc. So I could use some advice on that as well.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks