Hot and Cold line crossed somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

brybuchanan

Reaction score
I live in Texas and our house was built in 2017. We have poly lines running in the attic. We haven't had really hot water in our house since it was built. I'm sure that I have a hot/cold cross somewhere. How do I find it? My wife was in the shower this morning and I cut the hot water on in the kitchen and her water turned extremely hot, any ideas???

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Turn off the main hot water supply at the water heater. Open a hot water tap. You might need to disconnect a hot water supply line and put it in a bucket if you have only mixing taps at your fixtures to be sure. Is water coming out?

brybuchanan

Reaction score
Turn off the main hot water supply at the water heater. Open a hot water tap. You might need to disconnect a hot water supply line and put it in a bucket if you have only mixing taps at your fixtures to be sure. Is water coming out?
I'll give that a shot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks