Home drain lines are clogging at the cleanout. Water under laminate.

Users who are viewing this thread

CaliSkier

Reaction score
I am the one fixing it. I have not been able to get back to the house, but its working... for now. I will probably not be able to get there for a week. I bought a "JetSnake" which is very similar to the Clog Hog that Reach4 suggested.

I am starting to think its not needed based on the feedback on the flow I got from Ferguson. I think the fact that they have 3 big boys in the house or a tampon was flushed did something to prevent it from opening. That's my guess.

It also was missing an o-ring on the flapper which I am replacing which I hope the real issue is.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am the one fixing it. I have not been able to get back to the house, but its working... for now. I will probably not be able to get there for a week. I bought a "JetSnake" which is very similar to the Clog Hog that Reach4 suggested.

I am starting to think its not needed based on the feedback on the flow I got from Ferguson. I think the fact that they have 3 big boys in the house or a tampon was flushed did something to prevent it from opening. That's my guess.

It also was missing an o-ring on the flapper which I am replacing which I hope the real issue is.

I would think the o ring missing would have no effect on problem , unless some how it could cause the flap to sort of jam shut but seems unlikely.
thanks for update shoot some more questions when you get back to it.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you were to replace the entire assembly, I would suggest this Normally Open device which is what is needed when an entire house goes through the BWV

Mainline

PS.. The plumbers who just pull the flappers are not doing a good service to their customers. The flapper is generally installed for a reason and proper maintenance is the key to keeping it working properly. Educating the customer should be the first thing they do when the BWV is intalled and setting up a schedule to clean them. I assume that most plumbers don't really understand the need for them, til their customers home is flooded.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks