Hole in shower ceiling due to leaking plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

iditarod656

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a first floor condo. The plumbing over the shower is leaking slowly, and has created a hole in the ceiling. It's right over the shower head. I poked holes in the paint so the nasty graywater can drain.

I guess this is not really a DIY question - how can I find out who is responsible for fixing it? I need to know if the owner of the 2nd floor unit needs to pay for the repair, or the HOA?

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not your problem, but definitely your headache.

Insist on professional drywaller and painter and accept nothing but "looks like new".

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might have to invite the plumber into your unit to allow him access to the leak. Hopefully not.

I didn't consider the sheetrock work at all, though it has to be fixed.

I run from drywall every chance I get. Not any good at it. Not interested in getting good at it. To me it would be like Chef Gordon Ramsey getting caught with a big honkin' chunk of Velveeta in his pantry.

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get my drift.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks