High water table sump pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Jones

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a new sump pump installed with interior weepers.

The water table is currently sitting around 8" below slab, or directly at the bottom of the footing.

Weepers are to be installed along side the footing with the bottom of weepers sitting at bottom of footing, or again, directly on top of water. So any time it rains and the level rises it automatically flows to the pit.

The installer drilled holes in the basins pre molded inlets. The bottom of these sits at 12" below slab. He says there is no problem with that. The inlets will be full at all times, but because the rest of the weepers sits higher it is fine.

Is this accurate? Should I leave as is? Or should I have him cover the holes some how and drill new ones above the water table line? Or start over with a new basin?

He says the slope into basin will help empty the weepers around the footing, and that the idea a basin should not always be that full of water does not apply to high water table.

What is everyone's thoughts? Thanks in advance

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
......He says the slope into basin will help empty the weepers around the footing, and that the idea a basin should not always be that full of water does not apply to high water table.......
:confused::confused::confused:

What you are explaining is he drill holes through the plastic walls of the sump pit and this will allow groundwater to enter the pit plus the weeper pipes. With such a high water level it is probably to minimize the "plastic pit" from popping or floating out from the ground by the groundwater.

Chris Jones

Reaction score
:confused::confused::confused:

What you are explaining is he drill holes through the plastic walls of the sump pit and this will allow groundwater to enter the pit plus the weeper pipes. With such a high water level it is probably to minimize the "plastic pit" from popping or floating out from the ground by the groundwater.

These holes are only above the water table. I have seen this on other pits, but I have also seen pits with holes going all the way down. Not sure what the difference is.

My main concern is that he has the weepers sloped into the pit. This slope brings the weepers below the water table. Essentially, the pit would always be full to the height of the water table, but the inlets would always be full.

It's my limited experience that you want the pump to kick on before the inlets get full. With this setup the pump would not kick in till about 2" over the top of the inlets.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The switch on the pump should be adjustable to switch on at a level that you choose. There is no problem with the level of the weeper pipes. You know the old additive, “water seeks its own level”. When the water gets to its highest level, it is at the same level under most of the entire floor or at least along the foundation wall for a time. If you are worried about it just put duct tape over the holes. Just let it work for a while, it’ll be ok. With a water level that high did you have a battery backup pump installed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks