High efficiency furnace

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Intermittent problem? I'm stumped.
Jump thermostat hold door switch.
Inducer came on, ignitor glows, burners fire up but instantly go out. Like as soon as they lite instant out. No time for flame sensor to even detect flame. Keep holding down door switch.. 2nd cycle ignitor flows and nothing, no flame, 3rd cycle ignitor glows and nothing, no flame. Let go of door switch and inducer keeps running. (This is where I'm really stumped) Turn power off and back on with R and G still jumpered and no call for heat. Push door switch and everything works normally now. Tried 3 times after and everything is perfectly fine

Fitter30

Reaction score
R to G is the blower not heat
R to W heat
On the igniter board there should be light that flashes when a failure occurs. Should be list of failures should b either on control or wiring diagram ( blower door)

Fitter30

Reaction score
Theres at least two pressure switches, a rollout safety, two hi limits, hot surface igniter and flame rod all coming out of that burner control. Without reading the fault lite your just guessing. Take a pic of the furnace nametag and burner control.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Door switch makes , breaks , makes everything resets. Kill power and jump switch out see what happens but never came across a bad door switch

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks