Help with vacuum breaker

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Mel, Aug 21, 2006.

  1. Mel

    Mel New Member

    Aug 20, 2006
    I just moved into a house and just a week ago I discoverer some strange attachments at the ends of the outdoor faucets. From what I can tell they are vacuum breakers. However, when I screw a hose onto the breaker, water comes shooting out of the small holes all around the outside of the breaker. If you look into the opening of the breaker, there is a small white peice on a spring that keeps water from going into the hose. The breaker has a set screw in it so I can't remove it from the faucet head. Is there some other attachment I have to get in order to use the faucets? Or should I just try to find a way to remove the vacuum breakers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I would love to use my waterhose without water shooting out everywhere. Thanks, Mel
  2. Rancher

    Rancher Guest

    That's an anti-backflow device, keep nasty water from siphoning back into your water supply if there happens to be a water outage and reverse water flow. Your's appears to be broken, if I was you I buy another faucet (hose bib) and forget to add the backflow valve.

  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Help vacuum
Forum Title Date
Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum Help please! What model are my sprinkler nozzles? Sep 10, 2017
Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum Need help with sprinkler wiring Jun 26, 2017
Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum Help: Galvanized supply pipe riser to irrigation Back Flow Preventer leak Jun 22, 2017
Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum Need help troubleshooting irrigation system May 30, 2017
Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum 3 valves work, 3 valves don'! Apr 30, 2017

Share This Page