Help with softener settings

Users who are viewing this thread

superslow

Reaction score
Hoping to get help with my softener settings. There are four of us on city water with hardness between 13-20 on the cities water report. I measured it at 16 this morning. I got it all hooked up and ran through a regen cycle. I checked during the brine fill cycle and the salt tank was almost full of water. Think I may have a setting wrong.

The system is a Fleck 7000 sxt 64k. The BLFC is .250GPM , The DLFC is 2.0GPM and the injector is a red #0. The brine tank is about 18x40 and it almost filled with water on the brine fill cycle.

Do I need to drain some of the water in the brine tank before the next regen? Thanks for the help.

Reach4

Reaction score
For a 12 inch diameter tank, the DLFC should be 3.5 gpm.

What is your BF setting?

Brine tank is round with vertical sides, or square with tapered sides?

superslow

Reaction score
It is a 12x52 media tank. The DLFC 2.0GPM is on a sticker on the back of the unit. The BF was at 40. I probably checked it and turned it off around 25 min. The brine tank is actually 21x41 round with vertical sides.

Reach4

Reaction score
Measure the drain line flow during backwash, or check the molded marking on the DLFC to make sure it says 350 rather than 200. 2 gpm is insufficient backwash for a 12 inch tank.

With a 21 inch ID brine tank with salt above the water, expect a brine rise of about 8.34 inches with 5 gallons of water added. With a 20 inch ID, expect about 9.19 inches of rise.

If your system is not drawing out the brine during brine draw, see the Troubleshooting section of your 7000 service manual. On the F version of the manual, that starts on page 15 of 20.

superslow

Reaction score
It was drawing brine during that stage. It just filled too much on the brine fill stage. I was curious as to what my settings should be as I think that is the issue. Thank for the feedback

Reach4

Reaction score
Compare your settings to these:
System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft : 8 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC : 0.25 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin : 2.0 ; Same as (nominal grains/32,000)
Raw hardness : 20.0 ; including iron etc
Estimated gal/day : 240.0 ; 60 gal per person typical calc
Estimated days each regen : 8.3 ; presuming days each use reserve capacity

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = dF2b ; Downflw/Upflw, Double Backwash
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
C = 48.0 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 24 ; Hardness grains after compensation
RS = cr ; Cr = base reserve on recent experience
CR = 0 ; 0 is default (leave it)
DO = 14 ; Day Override (typ 28 if no iron/Mn)
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
B1 = 8 ; Backwash 1 (minutes)
Bd = 100 ; Brine draw minutes (#0 Injector - Red)
B2 = 5 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)
RR = 6 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 21 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = t1.2 (usual) ; t1.2 is default flow meter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks