Help with rough-in plumbing (pics!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stefaan

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some friendly advice here. I am re-doing our bathroom myself and learning as I go. In terms of plumbing we purchased, what I consider, high-end hardware from a company called Watermark through Bender Plumbing. We've just received the rough-ins so I'm starting to plumb/layout the valves as per our design. The layout will be as follows:

Hot / Tub Spout / Cold / Diverter / Shower wand

In terms of layout, everything is inline and spaced evenly (~4" apart) to mimic the sink which is the same trim. I may need to increase spacing after my test today, but we'll see. I have no idea how this process usually works and I would love your insight into whether any you think it's strange that neither the manufacturer or Bender supplied me with any information as far as how to mount or plumb any of the valves. Since the valves are all individual, and none of them have flanges for mounting, it's going to take a lot of creativity to have this all look and perform as designed.

So here is what I started doing today. I'd love to hear your thoughts, but please don't be too critical, this is rough. I realize that my fitted elbows are a little out of wack so things are not square. I actually really enjoy figuring this out, but I would love input as far as whether I'm over complicating things, or if I'm on the right track.

Thanks for looking and for any input you may have!
IMG_9399.jpeg
IMG_9400.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is what and it's not making sense, at least to me. Is this your template for a final layout. Do the red and blue every connect to something in common? I'm assuming the tub and shower drop ears will be in different location. Exactly what model #? Please names each number and the ? mark.

upload_2021-1-8_23-59-59.jpeg

Stefaan

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is what and it's not making sense, at least to me. Is this your template for a final layout. Do the red and blue every connect to something in common? I'm assuming the tub and shower drop ears will be in different location. Exactly what model #? Please names each number and the ? mark.

View attachment 69678
Thanks so much for getting back to me - making some progress on another thread https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-with-tub-rough-ins-w-pics.91686/#post-660093

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks