Help with a leaking “submerged” tub filler

Users who are viewing this thread

Abarclay87

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a beautiful vintage tub set up that I would love to preserve as best as possible, however the tub filler is leaking and staining the basin of the tub. I had a plumber out to hopefully solve the problem but he cannot find the correct size “valve sit” for replacement. Does any one here have any suggestions for where I should look? Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are some photos of the tub for reference as well as the “valve sit” which is so damaged that we cannot change the washer. Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• 4c6c963d-a357-468f-9ef4-e4aa49b027de.jpeg
    4c6c963d-a357-468f-9ef4-e4aa49b027de.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6183.jpeg
    IMG_6183.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 44

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I recently had a similar setup that we removed, but we kept the filler in that same location. We had to install a vacuum breaker on it. That filler can not be legally maintained by a licensed plumber as it presents a Dangerous Cross Contamination of potable water filling below the flood level of the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks