Help please - Pressure tank selection

Users who are viewing this thread

new jersey mike

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to replace a 30 year old air over water galvanized 42 gal. vertical tank as part of a shallow well setup with the myers HJ50s pump.

My problem / concerns are the following;

The water is very high in iron and precipitates out quickly. I have read that if I install a bladder tank the iron can cause early or premature failure. Also my current tank has a bottom side drain which I routinely use to blow out the iron sediment.

All of the pre-charged tanks use a bottom feed line and I would feed/push all of the iron sediment into my softener and house.

I can not find on the market a standard air over water pressure tank with a bottom service fitting.

So my question is does anyone know of a company that makes a tank with a service fitting and if possible a top mount for the pump?

Also if I am wrong about the iron effect to a bladder, let me know and then the mfg of a bladder tank with a blowout drain for the iron sediment.

Thank you

Speedbump

Reaction score
I answered this on my Forum about 20 minutes ago Mike. Let's see what the others have to say.

bob...

new jersey mike

Reaction score
Yes I know and I appreciate the input and I understand your logic for installing a charged tank But if I wanted to stay with a standard galvanized are you familiar with one that has a valve at the bottom to blow of sediment? A lot of them have valves that are 4 or more inches from the bottom.

Mike

I answered this on my Forum about 20 minutes ago Mike. Let's see what the others have to say.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
I stock a galvanized 42 gallon tank. It has a plug in the top and three 1-1/4" openings. 4 inches, 12-1/2 inches and 26 inches. The four inch opening is on the opposite side of the two other holes. I can't find a picture of a galvanized tank like it on the entire internet, but these are what we have been using for many years. The cost for one is $189.59 plus shipping.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks