Help IDing a bad solenoid valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew McIntyre

Reaction score
I have a few questions- I have a rainbird sprinkler system and it was worked fine up until now. In the winter I blow out my own system to winterize. I think last year I did not tighten enough a few of the solenoid valves. I only know this as when I turned on the system, and had it in the off position some of the sprinkler heads had some water coming out of them. I am including a picture of the inground box, you can see the valves are hard to tighten because they are uptight to the box. So, is there a tool(wrench) out there other than vice grips to tighten these valves? Not sure if the valve is just needs to be replaced. Should I dig around the in-ground box and buy a bigger box so I can have more room to service these valves? also, how can I tell what valve is currently slightly open, I know the zone but don't know what valve goes to what zone in the ground.
I have two inground boxes, with 10 zones, I have 6 valves in one box and 4 in the other.
Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated

Attachments

• rainbird solenoid volve picture.jpg
    rainbird solenoid volve picture.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 191
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks