Help Identifying Roman Tub Faucet Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by SteveoinBoulder, Dec 17, 2019.

1. SteveoinBoulder

SteveoinBoulder New Member

Hello All,
    I could use some help identifying a Roman Tub valve/ stem. I have posted a couple of photos of the stem and the valve in the hopes of getting some help identifying it. I took it to my local hardware shop (McGuckins in Boulder) and they couldn't find it. Chicago faucet said they didn't know it. I counted 16 splines on this. The markings 94HBR on the valve body are also clear- just couldn't find anything online. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Marlinman

Marlinman Member

The manufacturer is Huntington brass. They have discontinued producing this cartridge. They had a lifetime warranty and will replace the tub faucet with something compatible.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. SteveoinBoulder

Thank you Marlinman! I have sent them an email and will let you know what happens.
    Much appreciated!

5. SteveoinBoulder

Huntington Brass says "
    Steve, our product used to have the whole "Huntington Brass" stamp/logo on it, and for the last 10 years we changed to just "HB" most major retail/wholesale stores carry those parts, like Home Depot, Lowes, Ace".

Anyway, they said it's not theirs. Anyone else have any ideas?
    Thanks!

6. Marlinman

Marlinman Member

Sorry I sent you down the wrong path. I knew I had identified this cartridge before. It is Harden Brass. You only have the top portion of it removed. These are produced in many lengths and be cut to fit.

upload_2019-12-28_11-22-26.jpeg