Users who are viewing this thread

Jonathan42

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I like this site and see lots of great info.

I inherited a Hague 13 BAQ water softener about 10 years ago that has been sitting in a closet and I'm ready to install it. I do my own plumbing with PEX and have been working on my house for maybe 14 years now ever so slowly.

First Question: Does anyone have an actual link to a PDF for this water softener?
Second Question: I noticed the barb for the 1/2" drain line is missing from the unit, is this a standard sized thread I can find locally?
Third: The brine line has the little clip missing (3/8") - local or dealer only?

I have already plumbed in vales for input, return, and bypass and the house is running on bypass until I install this. I recently installed a 2 stage filter, a replacement tankless hot water heater, and a Pex manifold so I'm very excited to get this installed as well.

If you have any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them as well. My plan is to install it and test it and only use the local dealer if needed to keep cost to a minimum right now. I'm going with salt unless I'm told otherwise.
Thanks All,
Jonathan

Jonathan42

Reaction score
I found the drain line barb is 1/2" npt so that's all set. I found some retaining clips for the brine line fastener and that's all good now.
If I am going to hook this all up, is there a manual anyone can find to help me get it set up for the first time?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks