Grohe G1 to 3/4 PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Bai Gane

Reaction score
I purchased Grohe Sense controller, but is comes with G1 male on both sides. I can’t seem to find any PEX fittings to use on my 3/4 main. I can’t also seem to find any 3/4 NPT to 1” transitions.

Not sure what they were thinking when they startled selling these in America.

Can anyone tell me where I can find adapters in Canada?

thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect that is "g 1/2". There is also "g 1/4". Use one of those terms (with the quotes), with "adapter" in a search engine , and I expect you will find an adapter.

That is British thread. The G I suspect is from Great Britain.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Doesn't it come with G1 x 3/4" NPT connectors? I assume with male ends. Then you could just use 3/4" FIP x appropriate PEX style connectors.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In the instruction sheet they're labelled as part number 48 466

Grohe Sense.PNG

Bai Gane

Reaction score
I contacted Grohe Canada and they told me to buy the mount bracket, which is obviously wrong as it doesn’t have these adapters. What a joke.

I am now asking for this part number as I can’t find it on Google.

Bai Gane

Reaction score
They said they don’t sell them separately. Unreal. I need to find something like this. Any links?

There are plenty of 1/2 and 3/4 adapters, but the only ones I found that are G1 were made in China. I am not risking the quality of the water in my house

thanks

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score

Bai Gane

Reaction score
The first link I found, no affiliation, not sure if it's actually viable. But you should be able to find the actual mounting bracket with adapters, or just the adpaters, somewhere on the internet:

https://www.plumbtile.com/plumbing-tile-product/gro-22603-0.html

Cheers, Wayne

PS Here's a .ca link in case that helps:

https://kolani.ca/grohe/11624415-grohe-22603-grohe-sense-guard-mounting-set-us.html

thanks. Those are 1” on the NPT side, so I need reducers, meaning more points of failure. and it’s quitte expensive compared to adapters. I can’t believe they are not selling these pieces

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you aren't able to find G1 to 3/4" PEX directly (what type of connection do you want?), you're going to have one intermediate connection. And making that intermediate connection 1" NPT is fine, you can find 1" FIP x 3/4" PEX (for at least some types of PEX connections).

If this is carrying all the water in your house, going up to 1" PEX may be advisable, depending on the demand.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
There should have been NPT adapters/Unions that came with the new unit when shipped from the factory. That is what the diagram of parts shows on their site. Someone lost those adapters. If they weren't in the box, get the retailer you purchased them from to fix it. Or Grohe has bins of those somewhere.. but convincing someone to ship them out as a warranty item is another matter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks