Greensand Filter Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

JJones2012

Reaction score
I hope I have this in the correct forum
We installed a Rain Fresh greensand filter a couple months ago, we didn't really see a fantastic result and it seems to be getting worse. Steps I have taken
  • refilled the pot perm to make sure it was full
  • adjusted well to on 40 off 60
  • forced regen and made sure it draws the brine and completes all steps
  • with the tap running we have 3.5 gpm going through the unit
  • tested our Iron in and it is at 2.3 PPM, manganese is .164 PPM
  • water goes from the green sand into the water softener
We can fill a water jug before and after and there is virtually no color difference. It does smell better but that is it.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Do this, start a regen and check the drain water within 1 minute of the unit drawing the pot perm. See if the drain water is purple. if it is you have a problem with the system. Many more things it could be but this is the starting point. That is a fake knock off valve so I cant really offer up much advice on fixing it...

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Have you contacted the company that sold it to you? Do you have a complete water report?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks