Greensand System and Pot Perm Feeder

Users who are viewing this thread

Redrum

Reaction score
Hi;

I could use a little help, I am a novice with regard to water conditioning and have an issue I need to solve.

I have a seasonal cabin on well water in Northern New York, and had a contractor about 5 years ago install a (Master) Greensand system, and a separate solftener system. I also have a Viqua UV downstream.

Well, my contractor went out of/was run out of town, so for the last couple years I have handled (with the help of Master tech support) the winterizing and bringing the system back up in the spring. Note that I take the control heads home with me (stay warm).

The problem - this has happened 2x now, the last time this year (yesterday). When I bring the greensand system up, during the first regen cycle, the 3rd step, the purple pot perm water flows out of the feeder overflow, more than a gallon this past time (a mess). I stopped it, and opened the feeder and the level is too high, so it's overflowing because it's being overfilled.

My question is - what's wrong? What to check? What to fix/clean? I really don't understand the mechanics of the regen and the feeder. I don't want to fire it back up without knowing it won't happen again, it's no fun.

On another subject, I really don't understand how to maintain the medium, do I add granulated pot perm occasionally?

Jim

Redrum

Reaction score
ok, a few views and no replies. Maybe I can simplify the question -

does anyone know what to check when the control head continues to fill the feeder tank to the point where it overflows? Does the control head regulate the amount of water sent to the feeder? Or, is that what the float in the feeder tank is for?

I had to ask again, I just can't find anything related to this on an internet search, and I have not heard back from Master Water Corp.

Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks