Gravity-fed water for home (30 feet of head)

Users who are viewing this thread

Philip Levin

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a water tank 30 vertical feet and 200 feet hose distance from a simple off-grid cabin that we plan to build. Two questions:
1) Will this setup (~13psi static) be able to provide a decent-enough shower and sink experience or do we need a pump?
2) What type of hose or pipe should I use (links appreciated!)? We plan on burying it 1-2 feet underground. The path from the tank to the house curves gently.
3) What diameter should we use for the hose to from the pump and the pipe inside the house?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You might get by with 13 PSI. I would use at least 1.5" pipe so there isn't any friction loss. Then you will want to drill out the holes in the shower head and do away with the aerator on the sink. You might do better without the shower head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks