Gledhill boilermate Mystery. Help needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

jcp

Reaction score
My Gledhill boilermate OV stopped heating the water, blew the on board fuse and tripped one of the three breaker switches inside the boiler. The gas boiler was showing a low temperature but was ok.

To fault find turned Gas boiler off and on to electric only. (Switch setting) replaced fuse, Reset trip. All seemed to be working. After showering the fuse blew and the trip tripped.

as the hot water call switches on the domestic hot water pump and ‘ a thermostat’ I disconnected the Domestic hot water pump replaced fuse and reset trip. All ok so reconnected pump checked the pump was working ok, it was working ok no problems

Not sure what to check now, does anyone have any ideas?

The circuit board is flashing ok and the correct elements of the display light up for calling central heating and hot water following switching the boiler back on to check.

Anyone familiar with this problem or have a methodology I can follow to isolate the problem. ?
Over temp thermostat? How do I check this?

jcp

Reaction score
Boilermate OV sériel no 0010053238 A class. ABA4140

it is the fuse on the control board that blows

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks