Getting precharged tank pressure exact

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello again, I have a Dayton 3GVT9 62 gallon vertical tank and have had no problems with it, but lately I notice when the water chamber is near empty the pressure drops noticeably.
I bought a second air pressure gauge which has added to the issue. I've been running the pressure switch at 32-52 psi for some time now and my older pencil type gauge shows 30 psi while the new screw on gauge shows 33 psi. I wonder which one is correct?
With the low pressure at the end of the cycle, what do you think?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Too much air in the tank will cause a momentary hesitation in the water supply as the gauge quickly drops from 30-33 to zero before the pump starts. As soon as the pump starts it will quickly bounce back to 30-33 and start climbing again. It is better to have a little less air in the tank than to have too much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks