General bidet question

Users who are viewing this thread

bobcilla

Reaction score
Hi. I would like to ask if anyone has any suggestions for the "poor man's" bidet seat. We have a well and water pressure issues and would like to start small to see how things would work. I'd like to try something for $200 or less, but even in this category is a plethra of brands: BidetUSA, bidematic, Hyundai, GoBidet, Biobidet, etc., etc., etc. I'm open to either just the cold or the warm water too. Does anyone have any suggestions??:

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I've looked at lot of options and have found the least expensive is to have the bathroom sink within reach of the toilet. Just wet toilet paper and use.

The non-heated units aren't worth the money. They are either too cold, or you have to let them run too long to get the right temp.

I hate to say it, but cold water does NOT feel good.

The water pressure changes is not a problem.

--
The best compromise seems to get a ~$300 seat with a small heated tank and add a tempering valve (if needed) so that you send warm water to the unit to prevent it getting cold during use.

Edit: This works best if you are willing to put a hot circulating loop in.
--
If you do go with a non-heated unit, remember that you will need a tempering valve that can keep the water close to the 98F desired temperature.

Then keep in mind that you will have to dump enough water to get warm water to the head before use.

Edit: This works best if you are willing to put a hot circulating loop in.

--
Edit again:
http://terrylove.biz/12-bidet

Scroll to bottom: Heated toilet seat by Takagi, elongated

I can't see any specs as to how much water it holds or much of anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks