[Gas, Water, Raypac 0180B Boiler] constant re-firing of burner, won't bring heat up in house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Newt66ssa

Reaction score
This is a Raypac model 0180B Type H, boiler with 5 zones, 2100 Square foot house, built 1955. Single story, basement- boiler is in basement.

Boiler is probably 2015-16, Colorado front range climate.

Temp Tracker - Model 014279F (Can't find a manual for this, by the way) "Power" Green LED lit.

Here is the sequence of what I am seeing:
  • Set thermostat to 60 F.
  • Heat Call LED (Amber) lights on Temp-tracker (set point at 1.8/155 F)
  • Pump activates, damper opens
  • Auto ignition starts firing
  • burners light. Runs for a about 5 minutes until temp gauge reads 150-160.
  • burners shut off. 1 second delay, auto-ignition starts back up burners light.
  • burners run for 1-2 minutes, reach 155-160, shut down
  • Auto-ignition immediately lights burners, burners run for short time again
  • burners shut down with no repeat ignition, over 12 hour period. temp in house continues to drop, 55 F.
  • This whole process of three cycles of the burner lighting takes around 4 minutes.
  • pump continues to run until either no heat call received due to temp rising, or I manually shut down the with thermostat. Water temp eventually returns to ~70 F with pump still running.
  • Auto damper operational, closes when system is off, rotates to "open" when system receives heat call
The system will NOT work through enough cycles to bring temp to 60. It will cycle 3-4 times, then pump runs, auto ignition never repeats and refires. I suspected this was somehow related to the old mechanical thermostat and the anticipator, so I installed a new digital Honeywell so I would not have to deal be concerned with setting anticipator. This is a two wire system with only red and white connected to the "heat call" and "com call" on control box.

I had it serviced/checked for the start of season, just trying to eliminate something stupid I am not seeing before I call them back out to check it.

Thanks in advance!

Newt66ssa

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks