Gas Dryer Vent Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Reicherb

Reaction score
I'm installing a new laundry room in the basement and have all of the mechanicals complete except the dryer vent. I've got a few questions.

1. How close to a gas line can it run?
2. how close to wood framing can it run?
3. Can I convert from a round pipe to a rectangular pipe and back like would be done in a forced air run?

I have about 8' of vertical run and about 10' of horizontal run to get outside but it's a pretty congested area and it will be running through a room we use for extra food storage. I'd like to keep it as tight and close to the wall and floor joists as possible and probably will box in the vertical run to keep small fingers away from it.

I know a couple of those are code questions that could be specific to my area. I'm really looking for more of a commonsense (to someone who knows) type of answer rather than a specific code.

Thanks,

Brad

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks