Garden Hose Sprayer to Shower Hose Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jb9, Dec 28, 2020.

1. jb9

jb9 Member

Hello,

I have garden hose sprayer hooked up to my shower hose that is a temporary solution for now. My plumber used two fittings but said there is a single fitting available.

Is the fitting I most likely need the following:

3/4" GHT Male x 1/2" IPS Male

I know that both ends are male and I'm pretty sure the sprayer is 3/4" GHT (Garden Hose Thread)

Does such a brass fitting exist and where can I find one?

There are so many pipe thread specification names that if you don't search for the correct term you don't get any results and are stumped like I am now.

I have seen 3/4" GHT Male x 1/2" NPT Male but I don't think that is what I want.

Thanks in advance.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

You can often connect 1/2 NPT into a straight-thread. Does the thing you are screwing into have a gasket?
    [​IMG]

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    The difference between ips is straight thread npt taper thread same threads per inch. Garden hose 3/4" 14 un thread
    Box stores have a assortment of adaptors around faucet repair parts.

5. jb9

jb9 Member

There is a rubber gasket in the female end of the shower hose.

I found this:

GESHATEN 3/4” GHT Male x 1/2” NPT Male Connector, Brass Garden Hose Fitting, Adapter, Industrial Metal Brass Garden Hose to Pipe Fittings Connect (2 Pack)

I was wondering if this looks like it will work.

6. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member