Garden Hose Sprayer to Shower Hose Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I have garden hose sprayer hooked up to my shower hose that is a temporary solution for now. My plumber used two fittings but said there is a single fitting available.

Is the fitting I most likely need the following:

3/4" GHT Male x 1/2" IPS Male

I know that both ends are male and I'm pretty sure the sprayer is 3/4" GHT (Garden Hose Thread)

Does such a brass fitting exist and where can I find one?

There are so many pipe thread specification names that if you don't search for the correct term you don't get any results and are stumped like I am now.

I have seen 3/4" GHT Male x 1/2" NPT Male but I don't think that is what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can often connect 1/2 NPT into a straight-thread. Does the thing you are screwing into have a gasket?
brass-everbilt-brass-fittings-801799-64_145.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
The difference between ips is straight thread npt taper thread same threads per inch. Garden hose 3/4" 14 un thread
Box stores have a assortment of adaptors around faucet repair parts.

Jb9

Reaction score
There is a rubber gasket in the female end of the shower hose.

I found this:

GESHATEN 3/4” GHT Male x 1/2” NPT Male Connector, Brass Garden Hose Fitting, Adapter, Industrial Metal Brass Garden Hose to Pipe Fittings Connect (2 Pack)

I was wondering if this looks like it will work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks