Fleck Setting Question (H after comp factor)

Users who are viewing this thread

janders5006

Reaction score
I've had my water softener for about a year now and want to make sure I'm not using too much salt. I'm using the settings recommended in this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index....need-additional-filtration.81714/#post-590306

For the H: setting, what is the "hardness after comp factor"? My hardness was 34 grains per gallon. Why is it recommended that my H setting is 41? what is this comp factor?

Also would changing that H to 34 reduce the salt usage without changing other settings or would others need to be adjusted as well?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
For the H: setting, what is the "hardness after comp factor"? My hardness was 34 grains per gallon. Why is it recommended that my H setting is 41? what is this comp factor?
High hardness compensation plus iron compensation at 5 grains per ppm (mg/l) of iron.
Also would changing that H to 34 reduce the salt usage without changing other settings or would others need to be adjusted as well?
It would reduce salt use by having the softener regenerate less often.

You should then adjust your expectations of water softness. Try it, and take notes. The hardness leakage might not bother you much.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks