Fire Pit Air Noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

KenGroves

Reaction score
Have a Natural Gas Fire Pit making a Gas Flow Noise (I don't think this is Whistle noise- NO Flex ribbed pipe in line that I know of). Please see attached video with
1) Video -Demonstration of fully assembled with noise
2) Few pics of configuration
3) Video -Demonstration of noise again with no distribution ring installed
4) Pics of my gas meter and Regulation Valve to lower PSI from 2 PSIG to I think 0.5PSIG

LINK TO SHORT VIDEO
https://youtu.be/7axqWqU6wvA

Any thoughts? Ideas on what I can do to reduce Flow Noise

Image 9-15-22 at 10.28 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have probably the exact same ring and it makes noise at full flow too. I just turn down the key till it stops.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
. 5 psi is probably the max that appliance can take. Turn your regulator down.

KenGroves

Reaction score
OK I fixed it myself...... I did some reading and research on components, particularly the regulation valve. I believe setting was too high and gas pit had no regulator, only regulating at the output of gas meter to (My variable regulator). I drove the screw in/out while my wife listened/watched the pit. We adjusted 2 turns at a time to see impact. We we are very close to all the way out, that we assume is a lower flow pressure. Long story short Waaaaaaayyy better! Noise is almost totally gone in almost all levels of adjustment.

IMG_7062.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK I fixed it myself...... I did some reading and research on components, particularly the regulation valve. I believe setting was too high and gas pit had no regulator, only regulating at the output of gas meter to (My variable regulator). I drove the screw in/out while my wife listened/watched the pit. We adjusted 2 turns at a time to see impact. We we are very close to all the way out, that we assume is a lower flow pressure. Long story short Waaaaaaayyy better! Noise is almost totally gone in almost all levels of adjustment.

View attachment 87403
Do you have other appliances they run off of this regulator?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You may have determined that you need a regulator at the fire pit.
Your main house gas if there are other appliances need to be at seven inches water column, and especially highly efficient furnaces and water heaters will not perform properly and burn properly if not at seven.
You need the gas utility company or a plumber to address this.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You messed with the regulator on gas company side? So all gas supply is affected? or you installed a regulator to the pit?

SdSlim

Reaction score
Have a Natural Gas Fire Pit making a Gas Flow Noise (I don't think this is Whistle noise- NO Flex ribbed pipe in line that I know of). Please see attached video with
1) Video -Demonstration of fully assembled with noise
2) Few pics of configuration
3) Video -Demonstration of noise again with no distribution ring installed
4) Pics of my gas meter and Regulation Valve to lower PSI from 2 PSIG to I think 0.5PSIG

LINK TO SHORT VIDEO
https://youtu.be/7axqWqU6wvA

Any thoughts? Ideas on what I can do to reduce Flow Noise

View attachment 86360
I have the same issue with my fire pit. What was you final solution and do you have a video of the pit after the fix?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks