Ferrous Iron Filtration Systems - New to Home Filtration

Users who are viewing this thread

Skythe

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We have extremely high ferrous iron in our water to the point that it leaves stains in the sinks, toilets and showers. We've had two plumbing companies out to assess and talk through the process of installing the oxygen injector/aerator systems their companies offer -- WaterSoft Inc., Canature Novo, and Water-Right are the primary systems we've come across. Reviews are difficult to find and this seems like a niche topic.

I'm hoping someone provide insight into oxygen injector systems and the other types of systems (non-chemical) and how they work. I've seen the tanks and understand that there are different media, but I do not understand the oxygen injector component of the system or the pros/cons of control valves, similar to the picture below.

5900-bt-pro-ox-cutaway-400x718.jpg

Apologies for the uneducated post in advance.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Water Rite of the ones you mentioned. Others I would not bother with. This is a fairly long topic, more of a short classroom session. In general, air is introduced into the top of the tank to help the ferrous iron revert to ferric which is easily reduced across a manganese dioxide ore based media through red-ox and physical filtration.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks