Fernco coupling leak. Concrete to ABS

Users who are viewing this thread

wallywa

Reaction score
Recently had to redirect sanitary sewer line for home addition. Current Sewer is 4" concrete pipe. Purchased Fernco coupling 4" concrete to 4" ABS. Now that the work is done, Fernco couplings leak at the concrete connections. I put 60 in/lbs on the clamps. Cleaned concrete (which is more like exposed aggregate due to age). I'm guessing the seal is compromised due to the concrete pipe surface. Can I use some type of sealant that won't interact negatively with the rubber to fix this leak? Thanks.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
As a novice, if the cause of the leak is that the concrete pipe is so rough the rubber can't seal, I would be inclined to try to create a smooth sealing surface on the pipe with a fine grained cementitious patching compound. E.g. Cement-All. The other suggestions might be easier/better.

For the OP: black swan is presumably this stuff: https://www.blackswanmfg.com/Category-04/No-Hub-Sealant.HTML

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I used the black swan its sticky and messy so gotta be good ! That or the shielded 4 band might be better , it might be the wrong band too you are using

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks