Faint Gas Smell

Users who are viewing this thread

melissadurante

Reaction score
hello everyone. I recently had my gas shut off valve for my stove replaced as it was leaking gas (did the soap bubble test plus there was a strong odor). Anyway, this valve is located inside a base cabinet in my kitchen as my stove was "relocated".

Well, I have found that if I get my nose right up to the new gas valve, I think I can detect a slight gas odor. I'm not sure if it is my mind playing tricks on me or if there is an actual gas leak or perhaps there is a leak in my neighbor's apartment and it is coming through the slight opening in my wall where my gas pipe comes through.

The valve and pipe is butted up against my wall, so even though I did another soap bubble test and detected no bubbles, in reality, I wasn't able to get the soap bubbles on all the areas of the pipe.

Something tells me I am just torturing myself!!!! lol But can anyone give me some input??

Also, I would like to add that previously I bought a 20$ gas leak detector wand and it didn't detect my initial gas leak. Perhaps I should just buy a better quality one just to have some peace of mind??

Thanks in advance
melissa

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Don't fool around with a gas leak. The gas company will usually respond ( free service) to a suspected gas leak. They won't fix it, but can confirm the location of a leak if there is one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks